Saturday, February 17, 2007

Field Research: Rock Daddy

For question #1 - I had have of the people I asked tell me that families and family values were an important issue that needed to be addressed and the other half spoke of health care issues.

For question #2 - All but one of the interviewees stated that family was a part of what made up their value system and because of their families it impacted how they live and interact in their own families, now as adults. I had one interviewee that was very bitter about her family and did not have many kinds words to say about them.

For question #3 - The story about Jesus everyone agreed means what others said about him. The stories and such. Whereas the story of Jesus pertains to what he said and how he wants us to act and behave.

I thought that the first two questions were general enough that people wouldn't be too taken aback, but thought for sure the third question would raise some defenses. However, I found that once I got to the third question people seemed to open up more and put more thought into it. It was truly pleased with the responses I received.

1 comment:

Dr. J. said...

Jason, your interview process worked the way it was intended to flow. Surveying the local community is a vital dimension of church outreach and planting.